VR Level/Environment/Product Designer
Work from anywhere with a small group of smart passionate people on a cutting-edge software product for virtual reality. You’ll have flexible work hours and as much autonomy as you can handle. Remio is in a unique position that allows us to merge game-like features and collaboration tools into one product for enterprise. Join the Remio team where you can have fun and make money.
As a Level/Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for designing the product features in Remio. Features include collaboration tools such as whiteboard and also team games such as Paintball. You will work closely with the business and product teams to communicate and design product features and games based on customer needs and feedback. Features you design will be used on VR devices, mobile phones, and computers.
To excel at this role you need experience in VR and a keen interest to try new experiences in VR to learn what works and what doesn’t. You’ll need the ability to keep multiple restrictions and limitations in mind as you develop new features. Finally, you have to be highly organized to keep your designs and communication clear for the rest of the team.
- Learn from customer feedback to improve game and collaboration tool designs
- Use other VR and computer software products to understand best practices and learn from them
- Plan and model simplified geometry environmental layouts, place game objects, and script level progression
- Plan, build, and revise exciting layouts for gameplay.
- Perform extensive level play-testing, reviews, and iteration
- Collaborate with artists, programmers, animators and other game designers to craft the vision of your levels and the game
- Act as producer for levels you design, as well as other parts of the game, facilitating communication across disciplines, clearing dependencies, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Design and champion gameplay systems, conventions, and scenarios
- 2+ years of experience with VR products
- 5+ years of experience designing software products or games
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Experience utilizing research and data to drive product strategy and decision making
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of user experience, interaction and visual design skills
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create evocative shapes
- Proficient and effective communication skills
- Welcomes criticism and collaborates well as part of a diverse team, innovating without losing sight of the gameplay vision
- Ability to work remotely, manage time effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced startup culture
- University degree
- Experience modeling blockmesh/whitebox environments in Maya, 3DS Max, or similar 3D package
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly hackathons to expand your skills
- Weekly VR team gaming sessions
- Remote work
- Flexible work hours
- Negotiable benefits