Work from anywhere with a small group of smart passionate people on a cutting-edge software product for virtual reality. You’ll have flexible work hours and as much autonomy as you can handle. Remio is in a unique position that allows us to merge game-like features and collaboration tools into one product for enterprise. Join the Remio team where you can have fun and make money.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager/ScrumMaster to join our team to take full ownership of all project planning from conception to release and work cooperatively with multiple departments and vendors to identify improvements and opportunities for efficiency. The Project Manager will ensure projects are delivered on time and to the required standards. This position will help create, build and deliver innovative products. Works closely with Co-Founders and engineering team.
- Product management
- You will help manage the product roadmap, communicating and executing timelines, understanding scope, and mitigating risk throughout our development cycles.
- Lead quality assurance
- Documentation & Process Improvement
- You will cultivate a culture of documentation, communication, and process improvement which fosters a highly collaborative remote work environment.
- Help lead and execute the full life-cycle of app development from beginning to end.
- Maintain and work on providing additional features for existing applications.
- Identify and plan for new features.
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts, and best process for coding VR apps.
- Facilitate Testing and documentation of enhancements and bugs.
- Help communicate with business owners to review high level and low-level designs for new features/functionality.
- Coordinate with the developers across products to address and identify cross product dependencies.
- Take ownership of the overall program planning process, program schedule, and initiate process improvements when identified.
- Establish success metrics for program team and Technical Program-wide KPIs.
- Set up the sprint planning doc at the start of each sprint
- Template for retrospective
- Including overview of what needs to be done
- Can automate this doc if possible.
- Manage new ticket/task creation based on feature requests and bug reports?
- E.g. create tickets in linear after a playtest session
What this role is not
- People management
- Nurture and grow your team, ensuring they have consistent opportunities to learn, improve, and expand their impact and value to the company.
- Experience leading teams through growth, including interviewing, onboarding, and performance management
- Passion for helping engineers grow their technical, management, and people leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Agile experience is preferred along with AgilePM. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- 3+ years of experience in Unity development
- Demonstrated experience in defining and measuring team success via data-driven metrics & reporting.
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
- Demonstrate passion for building products for VR applications.
- History of shipping software products and features with continuous development cycles
- The ability to lead thoughtful discussions and defend your opinions on technologies, frameworks, and process choices
- Comfortability remaining hands on for ~30% of your time, reviewing others’ code and participating in testing
- Proficient and effective communication skills
- Welcomes criticism and collaborates well as part of a diverse team, innovating without losing sight of the gameplay vision
- Ability to work remotely, manage time effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced startup culture
- Master’s in computer science or applied mathematics
- 2+ years of experience with VR products
- Reports after each sprint
- scope and completion rates
- Revised project completion estimates
- Current resource allocation
- Backlog overview
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly hackathons to expand your skills
- Weekly VR team gaming sessions
- Remote work
- Flexible work hours
- Negotiable benefits
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employer
Remio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.